Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Walking on a crutch

Last Saturday while on one of the very few nights our I've had a friend pointed out that if I walked on once crutch it would be easier to hold drinks! Since we were at a party it made sense, so I ditched one of them on the side. This made walking somewhat easier too, and although it still looked pretty wonky it worked. :) I even managed to hold a drink in one hand and mingle! This felt great although my night ended early - these days I really feel 15/16, but hey at least I was out.

So from now on I'm actually walking on one crutch instead of 2 and I'm actually putting more weight on my leg this way which will make it prepare for the time when it does come off. The only thing is that after that night, although I was sitting for most of it, my toes, foot and bottom leg did swell a notch. However, after a night's rest it was back to it's 'normal' size.

Managed to get more errands done today too, and I get special treatment wherever I go, it's like being old with a walking stick. Chair are offered everywhere which is just a way for people to be nice yet it sometimes does annoy me. Perhaps that's because if I needed a chair I would ask for one, but then again they don't know that!


*Mice from Ikea - toy section

*Leg warmers do the trick
Some pics of Halloween accessorizing when you have a cast, especially a painted one :)







*Photos - from the girl with this blog: http://slicedmina.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment