Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No crutches!

My week of rest, has been pretty much rest rest and more rest. It's true what they say "the more you sleep, the more sleep you need". But what's good about taking time off apart from having a break of course is the fact that you get to do errands, things which you tend to leave for when you do have time. So finally I got to do those things like, shopping, hair colour/cut, passport renewed, write a blog :) and I'm also trying to think of what actually was on that to do list which I never wrote down. Bet they'll come to my mind first thing Monday morning once I start working again!

Nice 'n cosy
This week was the start to being crutch free and I only take one out with me just in case. So if you picture any zombie movie or Frankenstein film I have that sort of walk right now...except my hands aren't straight out in front of me. So that's quite an achievement so far. I'm still quite slow and people tend to have to wait unless they hurry up and wait at the destination we're trying to get to. It's getting a bit cold for my toes as winter is nearing, but that's not so bad as I have some woolen shoes/socks I can wear at home. I keep imagining how much worst off it would be to have a cast in the summer months, sweating inside it and not being able to shower, and that makes me feel a whole lot better. I'm also getting back to eating more healthily as I got into a bad habit of eating everything since I was staying at home round the kitchen table quite a bit. So please don't offer me biscuits, pasta or bread for the time being - thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment