Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Work, rain and crutches

So last week I was working from home. Luckily my job allows it, and since we are so well connected with Skype and everyone being a call away makes things pretty easy. This weekend I moved to a closer location to work, so as to get lifts more easily. Little had I known that going up and down a flight of stairs everyday would take the toll it did on me and my leg. It feels like a work out taking stairs and you don't feel that safe either so you tend to hold to the banister and put more pressure on the good leg to hop along rather than on the hands to push you up. Of course knowing my luck the elevator at work today decided to stop in the evening hours, and I had to hop it down those stairs too. Guess luck was not going my way today. Just to put those living outside of Malta at the moment it's been raining almost daily for the last week, so all floors are wet, especially tiles which are typical for the Med. The crutches I was given have rubber ends which makes them ultra slippery when applied to wet floors! What happens is that when it rains every floor you touch is slick as oil. It's not the first time I felt my balance going off and caught myself straightening up in time, however, today just as I was about to enter my house, the same thing happened and out of a natural reaction I put the bad foot down :( which sent that sharp pain to my brain in milliseconds and Aye did it hurt. In fact it's been at least an hour and my foot has swelled up so much inside it feels like it might burst out of the cast. From now on it's elevation and more rest. I will be working part from home and part from work for the next weeks. Hopefully this arrangement will cause the healing process to be quicker especially until I can start putting weight on it again. I also hope the rain stops or that I find some solution to the crutches, because as far as I have read, it's just taking smaller steps and making sure that they go down flat on the floor, therefore I have every reason to go slow from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment