Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How it happened!

Many people have broken bones, I remember people at school; falling one day during P.E. and coming the next day with a cast on their hand or leg. We actually thought it was kinda cool cause everyone got to sign them and write comments and then something actually was different about you. Rather than just being another student in uniform. (Chiara's was the one that stuck out most in my childhood memories, striped and painted, and autographed my all grade 8's or 9's!)

Anyhow the reality is, it's not that cool, especially when you don't ever think of it happening, or correction happening to you :-(

So it all happened last week at Rugby training, it was in the last 2 minutes too. We had a small game to practice our run ins and tackles from the previous session. The ball was passed to me and I thought I'd make a run for it, but I got tackled halfway and fell badly backwards and my ankle bent with me. And crrrringe (that handbreak sound) and I was on the floor in pain. Funny thing is no tears came out, however the pain was there and I felt I couldn't move it. Coach said my dramatic fall made it look like my back hurt, but no it was a pain near the ankle but I couldn't locate exactly where.

The boy's coach and my friend's bf who was watching both had a look, and they told me it probably wasn't so serious as there was no excruciating pain located. However, standing up on the leg was a no go. I asked my sister to call my mum over and within 20 mins she was there. The drive home was pretty bad, especially the bumps on Maltese roads. Luckily we had already iced it and got freeze spray on it thanks to my team mates - the Alligators rugby team.

That night we kept ice on it, I slept with it elevated as I was advised and hoped it would be ok the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment