Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The painted cast



 
Today, I felt it was time to get my cast painted after much thought. So I searched for some patterns and decided to go with a Marimekko one. Inspired from the Finns, I used my sister's paints to choose the colours that could go on gips and plaster - which were mainly Acrylics. I then lined the work area with newspaper and laid my leg on a plastic bag so as not to get the newspaper ink on the white cast. The painting took maybe an hour to do and it dried quite quickly. However I speeded up the process by drying it with my hairdryer. Although I didn't paint it all as I can't exactly turn my leg so much it's a much brighter cast now which will surely put me in a good mood. :-)



Cast in detail


No comments:

Post a Comment