Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Walk the walk

It's now been 3 weeks since I removed the cast, and 2 weeks since I started physio. Last Tuesday I had a session with the Sports physio and she told me that I shouldn't be walking funny anymore. We worked on walking normally and she has given me exercises to strengthen the muscles and told me to get to the gym asap and start doing cardio exercises.

My to do list exercises until next week are:
  • Walking - rocking forward and back
  • Calf stretch
  • Double calf raises - with more weight on the weak leg
  • Balancing on weak leg and other one lifted - with open and then with closed eyes (turning head and having someone throw me a ball)
  • Calf stretch against wall, and then with both knees bent - see stick men
  • Pushing weak foot against wall or using theraband
  • Bridging
  • Stepping down little step
  • Squatting against a wall
For the last two days I have been doing these exercises and my walking has improved significantly if I should say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment